Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Varied opportunities

Opportunities to 'make a difference' are many and varied. Yesterday I taught two classes of children about Moses in Religious Education at a State school. For some such lessons are their only source of information about the Bible. After more than twelve years of teaching I still enjoy the contact - although it is not something I anticipated as a retirement activity! Tuesday is also the day when I join with members of a writers' group. We read material we have written and enjoy each other's company, diverse as our backgrounds may be. Apart from general interest there is an opportunity to share something of one's faith and philosophy of life. I enjoy walking and have a feeling that even in this, through a friendly greeting or smile, it may be possible to make the world seem a friendlier place for someone.

1 comment:

Brian's Blog said...

Hey, Comish Wesley,
Welcome to blogs.
I think that kids today are starved of Spiritual Grandparents, so well done on working with the Kids.
May God continue to bless you heaps!!!