Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Something to share?

It is said that if everyone cared enough and everyone shared enough everyone would have enough. Perhaps some of us are not as good at sharing as we should be. Blogging is a way of sharing thoughts. I have a blog under my name (Wesley Harris) and another under 'History is His story'. I don't always keep up to date with this sharing and a New Year resolution will be to do better. For fifteen years in retirement I have been sharing the story of Christianity with a couple of classes in a state school week by week. Now I fel it necessary to relinquish that role on account of age but I am so glad that others will be picking up the baton. Another unexpected opportunity of sharing in retirement has been through writing. I have just had my ninth book published and hope to go on sharing my experience of God through the written word.It is a paradox, but the more we share the richer we become. We don't give to get but it happens that the more we give the more we gain in many ways.

No comments: